- Cast of six (6) performers, one (1) stage manager and one (1) assistant stage manager.
- Two dressing rooms for six (6) persons. They should be clean, lit, lockable and ready for the performers upon their arrival. The performers also need washrooms easily accessible to the stage.
- Actors require access to drinking water on stage during performance.
- Load in: six to eight (6 - 8) hours.
- Minimum dimensions: 8.5m wide x 7.5m deep x 6 m high (28 ft. x 24 ft. x 20 ft) not including wing space. Proscenium arch preferred.
- Orchestra pit up. We set up as far downstage as possible. Please refer to set drawings found on this page or package.
- One set of escape stairs from the stage to the house. Placement depends on the house.
- Strike: One (1) hour maximum
- Up stage traveler drawn or other black masking required behind set with a minimum 2.5m wide (8ft) crossover between our set and your upstage traveler.
- Two (2) sets of legs: the first set with 8.4m (28 ft.) opening as far downstage as possible, and the second set 2.4m (8 ft.) upstage from first set of legs with a 4.8m (16 ft.) opening.
Tables and Chairs
- Four (4) props tables backstage 1m x 2.5m (2.5 ft. x 8 ft.) preferred to equal 10m (32 ft.) in length.
- Five (5) armless chairs
- Fog machine – Martin ZR44
- Strobe light - Diversitronics Mark II
- 18" Mirror ball with motor
We travel with these units.
Minimim Crew Requirements
- Stage carpenters – four (4) crew members for 2 (two) hours
- Sound Technician – one (1) for two (2) hours
- Lighting Technicians – three (3) for four to six (4-6) hours
These times assume the lighting plot is hung and the cues programmed in the board.
FOR SHOW CALL:
- One (1) lx operator, and one (1) follow spot operator for four (4) hours.
We also ask that there be a sound technician as a “problem solver” in case the SM falls into trouble during show operation.
- A lighting plot, gel list, instrument & patch schedule are available upon request if you have not already received one in your technical package.
- One (1) follow spot and operator.
- Please note we will need one (1) dimmable practical
(rope lights) and two (2) non dimmable practicals (strobe
light & power bar) mid stage right.
- Playback: 2 mini discs and 1 CD player
We travel with our own MD players and prefer to patch them into your system
- Microphone: 2 lavaliere mics & 1 corded mic on a boom stand (SM 58 or equivalent)
We travel with own lavs but would like to consider your house units as backups.
- Clear Com: 5 positions needed. LX operator, follow spot operator, SM/sound operator, ASM (on deck) and FOH (for level setting)
Ideally, the ASM position would be wireless clearcom but if not possible it should be centre stage centre, on stage with 5m (15') of slack.
- The sound position can either be in the house or in the booth but the stage manger does run sound and call the show at the same time.
If this will be annoying to audience members we would chose to operate from the booth.
When the company is travelling by land they will be self-contained in their own passenger
van and cargo vehicles.
In situations where the Company arrives by air the Presenter will be advised of arrival and departure times and will provide transportation to and from the airport.
For airfreight purposes all components will fit in a LD8 (95 in. x 56 in. x 60 in.). Total weight is 900 (nine hundred) kg. If traveling by air it will be necessary for the Presenter to arrange transportation to and from the airport. Axis Theatre will provide the schedule to facilitate this. If cargo is traveling overland, it will normally be delivered directly to the venue by the Company.